25 Mar Adelson Strategies Invited To Participate In 2015 SelectUSA Investment Summit
Adelson Strategies was invited by the United States Commerce Department to join almost 2600 participants at the second SelectUSA Investment Summit held outside of Washington, DC on March 23rd and 24th, 2015.
Established by President Barack Obama in 2011 and housed within the US Commerce Department led by Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker, SelectUSA is a government-wide program designed to facilitate business investment into the United States.
The Summit brought together investors from all over the world, representatives of international companies large and small looking to enter or expand within the US, economic development organizations from every corner of the United States, high-level government officials including many members of the President’s cabinet, over 40 U.S. Ambassadors, and others working to facilitate investment in the United States.
In the words of Vinai Thummalapally, Executive Director of SelectUSA, “Regardless of your size or home country, you can find the market, the people, and the place that you need to be successful here in the United States.”
The program included insights shared and discussions led by global CEOs and senior US leaders, including President Obama who spoke to a packed session on the latest issues affecting US investment and entry into the US market and stated, “The companies that invest in America have access to the largest market in the world — and it’s a market that is strong and stable, and growing… and one thing I want to emphasize, it’s not just big corporations or billion-dollar investments that make a difference.”
Adelson Strategies attended dozens of meetings with fellow participants of the two-day program, which included:
- Foreign companies looking for our strategic advisory services in entering or expanding into the U.S. market;
- Foreign companies with a small U.S. presence looking to outsource or supplement their business development function;
- Non-US real estate developers and investors looking for our help in identifying US investment opportunities and development joint venture partners;
- Professional service firms seeking to both join our network of vetted service providers and supplement their own business development function with Adelson Strategies’ help;
- Federal and state government leaders as well as current and former US Ambassadors and their teams offering assistance to our clients in facilitating investment, entry, and expansion into the US; and
- Foreign, Federal, State & Local economic development agencies looking to team with us to both:
- Assist our clients in identifying local sites and incentives for facilities and other projects; and
- Discuss outsourcing of some of these agencies’ business development functions to Adelson Strategies.
Adelson Strategies shares SelectUSA’s premise that “the United States, with well over 300 million people spread the width of a continent and beyond, is incredibly diverse. Our consumer market, our workers, our technology and our resources are vast and varied. This diversity means that there are opportunities for nearly every company – from start-ups to medium-sized enterprises to multinationals.”
The clear message from representatives from the highest levels of Federal and state government coming out of the Summit was that America is open for business. Adelson Strategies is here to help.
Adelson Strategies helps multinationals, professional services firms, foreign companies entering the US and US companies expanding abroad, start-ups, and not-for-profits grow.
If you would like to discuss ways to team with Adelson Strategies and come up with an approach closely tailored to your company’s specific needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a conversation. We look forward to hearing from you!